* Quick presentation
OpenDNSUpdater is an extremely easy to use android app to perform dynamic IP updates on OpenDNS services.
OpenDns is a very famous DNS service used by a lot of people, but not everybody knows that they also provide some filtering product for individuals.
This type of service is free and can be very useful to filter websites such as porn, phishing, malware, and many other category.
The service rely on your external IP to perform filter actions.
Why an android application for a DNS service ?
As I said on the previous line, the service rely on your external IP address, so when you change access point or start using mobile data, you request will not be filtered.
Updater exist for almost Windows, Mac and Linux, but not for Android or IOS. ( https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/articles/227988607-OpenDNS-Compatible-Dynamic-DNS-DDNS-Clients )
* Other informations
This is an open source project; For more information on the app and the source code, please go to android.guillaumevillena.fr.
– Migrate from firebase-jobdispatcher to androidx Workmanager
– Added Google play descriptions and data to be used in correlation with gradle-play-publisher
– Added a slide to explicitly ask for data collection consent
– Migrated some low level widget to androidx widgets (Progress bar and Switches)
– Removed hardcoded strings from layout files
Copyright© 2017 androidfc.com